Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.

Mary Holloway

STRIVE Community Trust Transitional Housing service provides temporary accommodation for people in urgent need of housing. Transitional housing offers a warm, safe place to stay for up to 12 weeks or more, along with support services to help to secure a longer-term home.

The Trust will support all aspects of whanau or individuals needs by addressing the underlying causes that led to homelessness and thereby lead to a better outcome. Each whanau or individual will be assigned a lead worker within our housing Social Service team who will develop a plan to help them to get back on their feet. They will also follow a 12-week program to develop the life skills required to live independently. We work with other health, education, social sector agencies and community organisations to provide a full wrap-around of services required.

All applications for Emergency Housing are processed through The Ministry of Social Development. Your local WINZ office will be able to advise you on eligibility and options available.